Previously, I have wrote about the change in Thai Land-Border Policies and One of the way to overcome to change is to have a Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa. According to the Thai Immigration Department, Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa is valid for a period of 6 months from the application date with each stay a maximum of 60 days.
In short, you can enter Thailand via thai border unlimited times if you hold this Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa. Please note, this Tourist Visa will also be needed even if you are an ASEANer, travelling through thai borders multiple times per year (Excluding Malaysians who travel through the Malaysian Border)
Previously, there was Double-Entry and Triple Entry of tourists visa but now have been cancelled based on the update. Please note that the 6 months period start from the application date, not from the entry date. This means that you have to start using the visa once it is applied successfully.
Another notice is that this Multiple-Entry Thai Visa can only be applied for Thai embassies within your own home country and cannot be applied through different countries embassies. UNLESS, you have the legal residency or hold a certain pass in that country.
Here are the example documents needed to apply for the Multiple-Entry Thai Visa, taken Singapore Thai embassy as an example. If you are from other countries, please refer to your respective country Thai embassies.
- Visa Application form(s) and photograph(s): Completed the online application (https://visaonline.thaiembassy.sg/), signed Visa Application form as well as bring recent photographs (s) (size 3.5×4.5 cm). Most applicants require to present
- Passport (valid for no less than 6 months)
- Travel tickets in and out of Thailand
- Evidence of adequate finance: Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa: $8,000 per person (6 months of financial statements)
- Letter of Employment (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
- Evidence of accommodation booking (compulsory for Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa applicants)
Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa Fees ( Non-Refundable): S$250